Saturday, September 26, 2009

Do 1 Minute Clinics save time?

A pharmacy near me recently opened a 1 Minute Clinic.

When my physician's office told me that they didn't have flu vaccine in, and I should call back in a week to see if it came in, I decided to go to the 1 Minute Clinic for my shot.

Yesterday, as long as I was in the pharmacy,I thought it would be a good time to get my flu shot. Although I was there at the posted hours, the clinic was closed for lunch (it was 2:30).

Today I went back, checked in and learned that I was the 2nd person in line. The person ahead of me told me that he was there for a flu shot, too.

A half hour later, the person who had been seeing the clinic practitioner came out.

When they called the name of the person who was ahead of me he had left because he got tired of waiting.

Although it only took 1 minute to get my flu shot, the practitioner needed to enter my insurance information in the computer.

It probably took me 5 minutes less than if I had driven 10 miles each way to my physician's office. The good new is I can check "get a flu shot" off my To Do list.

Organizing Tip: If you go to a 1 Minute Clinic, take something to read and toys for the kids.

I'd love to hear your comments on visiting a 1 Minute Clinic.

Organization Plus
Nancy Black
http://www.organizationplus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment