Saturday, September 26, 2009

Taking Time for #1 ---- YOU

Do you feel like you are always working or taking care of someone else's needs?

Take a moment to think about what you would like to do that you do not plan the time to do.

A few months ago I decided that I needed to take more personal time. One of the reasons that I started my business was so that I could have work/life balance.
Although at the end of the month, I realize that I do take time off, I needed something to look forward to.

The key was that I needed to give myself permission to take some personal time during the work week.

I joined an organization that offers a book group and trips to museums.

I now take one afternoon a month to attend the book group and plan the time to read the book before the group meets. Notice I said, plan the time, not FIND the time. It's been 2 months and it feels good.

In a few weeks I'll be going to a museum with ladies from this group.

Remember "Life is not a dress rehearsal." .

What do you do to take time for #1 --- YOU?

Organization Plus
Nancy Black
http://www.organizationplus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment