Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Have you had a Iron Mountain pick up lately?

Recently I worked with someone, in a management position, to help him decrease the paper clutter, in his office.

As I looked around, I asked him questions about the different piles that I saw. He said that the reason there were so many piles was that they were long overdue for an Iron Mountain pick up.
However; the storage room that they needed to go in, for preparation to be sent out, was so full that you couldn't get another box in it.

I challenged him to set a deadline for an Iron Mountain pick up.
The good news is that, within a few weeks, he had sent 150 boxes.

Other departments were envious that his files were no longer taking up valuable space in his office, or in the storage room. Consequently, they are preparing their files for an IM pick up.

The long term benefit is that each department now has retention guidelines for how long files should be kept on site and when they should be sent to IM.

Do you know that clutter in your office causes clutter in your mind?

Contact us to help you clear your clutter.

~ Nancy

As a professional organizer on the North Shore, I help people change their lives, reduce stress, and enjoy work! (yes, you can actually enjoy working!). Visit my website at http://www.organizationplus.com.

See how I transform people's lives in as little as THREE HOURS.

No comments:

Post a Comment