Friday, June 18, 2010

A Veteran's Experience at NAPO Conference

A Veteran's Experience at NAPO Conference
Nancy Black, Organization Plus
(Excerpts from NAPO/NE Newsletter article with minor edits.)

This year I attended my 19th NAPO Conference.

While riding in the van from the airport to the hotel, I met a mother and daughter who have an organizing business in Bogotá. In one session, I sat next to an organizer from Hong Kong. In an elevator, I met the president of the Australian Association of Professional Organizers. Other attendees were from Canada, Japan, Bermuda, and The Netherlands. Obviously, people all over the world have organizing challenges!

The theme of this year's conference was "Innovate, Connect and Inspire."

Tim Sanders, former Chief Solutions Officer for Yahoo, shared his vision for innovation as it relates to our personal responsibility for social consciousness and business growth.

Gina Schreck, the Geek Chick, addressed connections vis-à-vis the value of technology and communications in the business environment.

Monica Wofford spoke about how "Contagious Confidence" can inspire you to be the absolute best you can be.

I also attended other sessions that have enhanced my professional growth.

The highlight for me was being recognized as a 20 Year Golden Circle member.

No comments:

Post a Comment